Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Importance of Planned Parenthood

Recently one of my colleagues wrote about the importance of Planned Parenthood. She made a few very good points; not only does the program supply affordable care for women that cannot afford it, but I also educates young adults of the importance of contraceptives and “safe sex.” I believe she is absolutely right, she stated, “If Texas takes away funding from this organization I think there will be more problems such as STD’s and less informed people, therefore more pregnancies and even more debt.” I could not have put that better myself. A woman’s body is her own; she should have the ability to make the choices that affect it. I understand the concern that abortions should not be used as birth control, but there are circumstances that make them a responsible decision. However controversial the subject may be, the government should stay out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment